- Meet and Greet option, if requested a dancer will meet you at your first class to introduce you to our community and help you to feel comfortable at Passion and Performance.
- There are many fun member’s only events offered throughout the season (and yes, they’re free!). Keep an eye on your e-mail and Facebook for details.
- Every member will receive a personal follow up call to make sure we they are having the best experience possible at P&P.
- Members will be able to purchase discounted show tickets and reserve seats for their friends and family (subject to venue capacity and layout).
- Members are offered discounted events and workshops.
- Members are offered free workshops for the month of August (some exceptions apply).
- If you purchase a Membership, it will be valid for one year and encompasses all of the sessions within that year.
- A session is the six week period for which the Recreational Program and Strength and Skills classes run. Competitive Program classes run September to June and also through July and August.
Terminations, Downgrades and Refunds
- Please be advised that we require 30 days written notice (on a calendar month) to terminate, postpone or downgrade a membership. Notice must be given before the 1st of the month to terminate, postpone or downgrade a membership for the following month. Memberships can be upgraded at any time. Please note that class registrations (or lack thereof) are not an accepted form of notice for the termination or downgrading of memberships. Requests to downgrade or terminate a membership can be sent to email@example.com.
- All terminations, downgrades or postponements with less than 30 days’ notice will be charged the monthly dues, with termination occurring for the following month.
- Membership dues previously paid are non-refundable.
- There is a two month minimum when registering for a membership, two months will be charged in full regardless of termination date.
- Membership fees are charged on the 25th of every month which covers dues for the following month. This date is non-negotiable and fees will be charged automatically.
- Dues are set up on an autopay schedule and are accepted via Credit Card or EFT. To set up EFT payments we require a void cheque or completed forms from your bank. Payment information must be authorized and stored through our secure server for membership to be considered active.
- Your monthly fee will be the flat rate of your membership plus GST. Please note that the membership payment structure is a financing program for class tuition, and not a pay per class structure. For this reason, membership payments will not be pro-rated for any reason.
- Cash Payment for membership fees will not be accepted.
- Declined card/ bounced payment will result in an additional 30% of your monthly fee charge per transaction.
- All balances owing will be sent to collections if not reconciled within 3 months
Class Registrations Cancellations
- Members receive priority registration on classes. Early registration is recommended to ensure a spot in the class. Please note that members will not receive refunds or credits for full classes, and all membership policies apply (see Terminations, Downgrades and Refunds). Registration requests can be made at the front desk during office hours, or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline to cancel a class registration without penalty is 3:00pm on the business day prior to the first day of the session. Please note as most sessions begin on a Monday, making requests to drop due by 3:00pm on the Friday before. All requests can be sent to email@example.com. Cancellation of a class registration does not constitute notice to downgrade, hold or terminate a membership.
- If a class is dropped after the deadline, there will be a penalty of 20% the standard monthly fee of the class. The penalties are as follows:
Competitive Program Classes: $15/class
Recreational Program Classes: $13/class
Strength and Skills Program Classes: $11/class
- If a class is dropped after the second class of the session, a re-choreographing fee of $50 may be applicable.
- If a class session is cancelled by the studio, the member is encouraged to use their credit for another class of equivalent value. Should an appropriate class replacement not be available, Passion and Performance will issue an account credit in the amount paid for that class and waive the 30 day notice requirement to downgrade, hold or terminate the membership contract which covers that class, if requested.
- A membership can be put on hold for a one month or two month period and holds can extend up to a maximum of six months total during the one year term of the membership.
- If a membership is terminated while on hold, the member is subject to a $50 fee.
- We require 30 days written notice (on a calendar month) to put a membership on hold. Notice must be given before the 1st of the month to put a membership on hold for the following month. Holds requested with less than 30 days’ notice will be charged the monthly dues, with the hold beginning the following month. Please note that class registrations (or lack thereof) are not an accepted form of notice. Requests to put a membership on hold can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A hold will occur in one or two month increments at which time the member will receive an e-mail notifying them of their upcoming hold expiry. The member has 10 days to respond requesting an extension (in 1-2 month increments up to 6 months). If no response is received it is assumed that the dancer is returning to class and the membership will be reactivated, resuming charges on the 25th of that month.
- A membership that is on hold extends the client’s membership as many months as they have been on hiatus.
- A maternity hold is available for 6 to 8 months, with the option of extending to a full year.
- In the event of injury or illness, a medical hold may be put on a member’s account. Medical holds can be extended up to one year, under the condition that a doctors note stating that the student is unable to continue with classes is provided prior to the standard 6 month hold expiration. A doctors note stating that the student may return to classes may be required prior to reactivation of a membership.
- Please note that membership holds can not commence in the months of December or August.
Roulette Membership Add On
Every once in a while, we have a surprise space open up in our schedule,
and we want to use these unique opportunities to bring our members something new!
Each session, if a space becomes available in our timetable, we will offer a special “Roulette Class”. The style of the class will be revealed the week following Donation Days, and the class itself will begin the following week. The date, time and style of the class will change each session, and may be taught by one of our beloved P&P instructors or another dance professional in our community. It may be a dance class, it may be a fitness class or it may even be a style never before seen at the studio.
You never know what a Roulette class will bring!
Roulette Class Contracts can be added to any existing membership at a cost of $10/month, plus tax. Please note:
- This is a membership add-on and cannot be used as a standalone membership contract.
- Roulette Class Sessions commence on a rotational 5 week structure and will likely change time, style, instructor, level and class structure each session.
- The $10/month fee is a discounted financing option, and members will not be refunded for instances in which Roulette Classes do not run or in which one chooses not to participate for any reason. Passion and Performance will work to provide compensatory options for cases in which Roulette Classes do not run for multiple consecutive sessions.
- Roulette Class Contracts are subject to all terms, conditions and policies of the Passion and Performance Membership Program. If a members wishes to terminate or hold their Roulette Membership, 30 days written notice (on a calendar month) is required, making the termination or hold effective the following month. All fees paid are non-refundable.
If you have any questions about your membership or our policies, please don’t hesitate to contact your membership coordinator at email@example.com.