This program is designed specifically for folks who are looking for a complete, well-rounded program to improve dance technique, flexibility, strength, aerobic capacity, and mindset for dance training.
How it works:
Join faculty members Sarah and Eric in a program that will combine fitness, dance and lecture styled learning to teach participants how to understand their bodies and train their minds in preparation for dance practice. From January 18 – May 28 participants will cover a variety of topics while actively working toward the improvement of movement, strength and mobility.
This program will run on Mondays and Wednesdays starting at 5:30. There will be fitness, dance or movement training twice a week along with two additional lectures a month.
– How to schedule your training program
– Gaining both flexibility and strength
– Different types of stretching and when to use them
– Nutrition basics
– How to progress through dance techniques
– Aerobic capacity
– Mindset – discipline vs motivation
– Strength training for dance
Registration and Payment
This course will run from January to May at $700. You can pay in full or as a part of a 5-month payment plan of $140/month.
- Existing members will be able to transition over to this program by filling out our Winter/Spring 2021 Membership Update Form.
- If you don’t have a membership, you can sign up for a payment plan for this program here>>>.
- Select the link above.
- Go to the “Enrollments tab”
- Select which option you would like.
- Select the payment plan or in-full option.
- Complete your payment.
- You can pay in full for this program at any time using the same instructions as above.
- If you are an existing member, you will have two choices to select from should you select the 5 split payments:
- December 27/January 25/February 25/March 25/ April 25
- January 15/February 15/ March 15/ April 15/ May 15
- Bonus! If you pre-register for this program before December 20th, 2020 you will get a free 5 class punch pass added to your account! Passes will be loaded within three business days of registration.
- If you have a credit on your account, you are allowed to use this credit to pay for up to 50% of your tuition. In order to do this, someone on our faculty must assist you in setting up your registration. Please email email@example.com to proceed.
What materials do I need for this program?
You will need:
- A yoga mat
- A yoga block or thick books
- Water Bottle
Can I take this program exclusively from home?
While you may not gain the same benefits as you would taking it at the studio, you can take this program from home if you would prefer.
Do I already need to be in great shape to take this program? Will modifications be provided?
No! We are working to increase strength, endurance, and flexibility from any starting point. The intensity of the exercises will be adaptable to any level, modifications will be given for your starting point, as well as options to increase as you improve.
What happens to this program in the event of a second wave of COVID-19?
This program has been designed to pivot in the event of a second quarantine. Students must be aware when they sign on that there is a risk that we may have to transition to learning from home for a period of time. Therefore they will need to ensure they have the appropriate technology to do so. Please note that this program is non-refundable, including payment programs, regardless of a second wave.
What if I get sick, show symptoms or need to quarantine?
Of course, this is all based on the severity of individual circumstances. We will work with our students should they fall ill and are unable to complete the program in terms of payment solutions. If you are able to move but are unable to be present at the studio, you will be able to join your cohort via Zoom during your scheduled class time.
What if I register and no longer wish to take the program?
There is a one-time program drop fee of $50 should you decide to leave the program without completing it.
I’m a Sooke/ Cowichan Student, is this program available for me too?
While this program will be exclusively operating at our Victoria location. Cowichan and Sooke students are welcome to join us virtually.
Can I combine this program with your other offerings?
Yes! If you are taking the Production program this fall, we recommend taking the 2 classes a week option alongside this program. In fact, we even have a combo price of $250/month if you take both programs together!